Back up QNAP NAS data to cloud storage
ElephantDrive is an online backup and storage service which provides scheduled and real-time data backup directly from QNAP NAS to an ElephantDrive account. You can manage the backup and restore jobs via the web-based management interface (http://www.elephantdrive.com/qnap/).
This how-to shows you how to create an ElephantDrive account from QNAP NAS and back up data from the NAS to ElephantDrive service.
Create an ElephantDrive account on QNAP NAS
- Select ‘Enable ElephantDrive Service’.
- Enter your email address that will be used to create an ElephantDrive account.
- Enter a password for your ElephantDrive account and verify the password.
- Click ‘CREATE’ to create the ElephantDrive account and then click ‘OK’ to confirm.
- Now click the link: https://www.elephantdrive.com/qnap and you will be brought to the ElephantDrive service page to manage your backup jobs.
Manage backup jobs on ElephantDrive
- On the ElephantDrive service page (https://www.elephantdrive.com/qnap), select your language and click ‘Login here’ on the top right hand corner.
- Enter your login information (same as the email and password you have entered on the NAS) and click ‘Submit’.
Note: There are already backup jobs for each share folder on the NAS and they are disabled by default.
- To enable and edit a backup job. Select your NAS under ‘My Devices’. You can add multiple QNAP NAS servers by entering the same login information on the ElephantDrive page of the NAS.
- Select ‘Automatic/Enabled’ to enable the backup job. You can also edit the job name.
- When finished, the status will become ‘Monitoring’ and the number and size of the files which have been backed up are shown under ‘Protected files’. ElephantDrive will monitor the NAS folder and back up any changes immediately.
To learn how to share files, manage your file versioning and archiving preferences, and access your files remotely, check out the ElephantDrive tutorials page.